Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 181 - Stalker



Day 181 - "Falling" Haim (Duke Dumont Remix)

The wheel was spun at Gorilla House LIVE Art and I chose to paint along the topic of "Stalker". Stalker is such a creepy word. Truthfully this painting topic stirs up thoughts of an admirer that followed me many years ago. I call him an admirer because he showered me with gifts while stalking me at the same time. Admirer sounds less harmful. I won't go into too much detail on this one incase said admirer is still following me through my blog...eek!

I found myself nose deep in my paintings and oblivious to my surroundings. To my surprise the lovely Samantha DaSilva snuck up behind me while I was painting away! It was her first time checking out the Wednesday night Art Battle. I hadn't seen Samantha since the last art class that I had taken with her exactly one year ago.  She was still as vibrant and energetic as always.

("Find Me" by Jenn Arguin)

The night continued and I completed one painting titled "Find Me" while the other painting "See Me" was half done...darn I wish I would have had a few more minutes to finish the second one off! 

("See Me" by Jenn Arguin)

Nevertheless I loved both paintings and they sold to a lucky art collector. I was really happy with the way the tree turned out. Trees and clouds are two of my favourite works of nature's arts. I am content with the way my acrylic trees have been turning out but I have a feeling that I will need to turn to oils when I attempt clouds. If you know me well, you know that it's only normal for me to be walking around staring up at the sky and stopping to smell the flowers....or to just stare at the magnificent shapes of the trees. Hurry up summer, bring on the blossoms and greenery!

I wonder what next Wednesday will bring forth from my paintbrush.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment