Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 182 - Snow Day


Day 182 - "Spring" Fabu

The first days of spring have finally hit Moose Jaw! It was t-shirt weather but there was still a ton of snow, ice and slush on every inch of the city. My nieces and I took on the challenge to clear off Papa Paul's drive way. Katelyn came outside to watch us and she started snapping photos...in the end we were posing more than shovelling! While clearing the snow, I snuck out on to the street to push some of the water down the hill from the bigger puddles to encourage water flow. My niece Makenna was not happy about this!




She shouted at me to get back on the side walk and proceeded to tell me that it is very dangerous to be playing in the middle of the street and that I was not allowed back out there. I put my head down, listened to my niece and walked back on to the driveway. We managed to clear off half of the drive way before our arms grew tired and it was break time. The rest of my weekend was pretty much break time as I mainly lounged around the house while avoiding my phone and relaxing with my famjam!

My weekends in Saskatchewan are always amongst my favourite.  Surprisingly I am able to slow down and unwind from my fast paced lifestyle in Calgary. I find it too easy to get wrapped up in trying to conquer the world. These are the times when I need to kick my feet up and just zen out with my nieces. I could sit on the floor for hours and watch them play while wandering around the house with their heads bobbing back and forth. Ah! How I love these two girls. How I love my family! My nieces always need to know exactly when they will be seeing me next. I promised them in four to six weeks (as per usual). I can't survive any longer than six weeks without those girls!





See you chiquitas not soon enough with a car full of paint and canvases. <3

xox

2 comments: