Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 187 - Candied


(Phase I...)

Day 187 - "I'm Good, I'm Gone" Lykke Li (Fred Falke Remix)

I was heartbroken this weekend because I was unable to drive out to Saskatoon due to the weather. When I looked at the highway conditions and forecasts they showed that many sections were closed due to prairie blizzards. It was hard to believe that the highways were closed because as I peered out the window from work it was a sunny day in Calgary. I was convinced that I definitely should not  be travelling when I saw the news report of a car crash involving over 100 vehicles on the QE2. I told myself that there must be some reason that I was meant to stay in Calgary for the weekend...

After Gorilla House last night I was in the painting mood so I assembled my artsy girls. We shared a bottle of wine and settled on my living room floor and painted away! After last night's art inspiration involving my trees, I started working on an abstract background to place another tree. The leafless tree is comparable to the shape of a female body in my series "The Female Form" as it completes an abstract canvas. I have over twenty different series' in mind and it's overwhelming! I could paint all day and night as I am continuously inspired with new ideas.

(Renee's piece)

(Amanda's piece)

I cherish the presence of my friends when they come over to paint not only because of the heartwarming company but also because I enjoy watching their personal art flair explode! Renee seems to have found a few personal callings for painting styles and Amanda has already started her first masterpiece. We are already prepared and ready for Gorilla House next week...bring on the painting.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment