Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 192 - A Violent Opportunity


Day 192 - "Heart Skipped a Beat" The XX

The more I share myself with the world, the more the world gives back to me. I have so many friends looking out for opportunities that would interest me. I am unbelievably grateful for my friends who have such caring hearts.

Recently Renee saw a posting on Facebook from a local Calgary band in need of a photographer and she instantly sent me a message with the details. A few days later I found myself hanging out with the band Violence and sharing laughs while snapping away!


One of my secret thrills is taking photos of people who haven't had too many professional shoots done in their lives. It's a great challenge for me to figure out how to help them relax and have fun while having their photo taken. Violence was looking for a band photo to accompany the article that is being written about them (link to this article is still to come...). We snapped a few photos of them hanging out and we managed to acquire a couple good photos for the article. Once we were "done" shooting I asked them if they wouldn't mind playing a couple instrumental songs for me so I could get a taste of their music. The moment they picked up their guitars I grabbed my camera and started shooting again. THESE were the photos I was hoping to capture. Photos of the guys in their true element, they were so relaxed.


What a great ending to my day, as it had been a stressful day with packing and moving. This photo shoot was another reminder to myself that I love love love taking portrait photos. Also that I love meeting new, amazing people. One can never have too many friends! I am looking forward to photographing Violence at their next show. More photos of locals bands shall be coming soon.



xox

No comments:

Post a Comment