Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 201 - Prima Donna

(Photo by Jenn Arguin, taken for DocuDramaRomCom 2012)

Day 201 - "Five Step" Radiohead vs Dave Brubeck

I am aways in awe while watching actors in movies, plays, and theatrical performances. Watching an actor play the roles of diverse characters is very impressive. I have never acted before but always wondered what it would feel like to be on stage...having all eyes on you. I have a couple close friends who love to act and they are very animated when they take on their character's role. They hold a  stunning talent.

One of my friends is an actor and part of the organization of a short play. He was asking around for actresses to play the one female role. As I have no acting experience I was too shy to immediately speak up. After thinking about it for a few days I realized that I am quite an animated person in my every day life and I love public speaking, so perhaps I should try acting! He sent me the script to review and I was so excited as I flipped the pages. He said that I have to read the script for him and the director/writer of the play to see if I fit the part and if I have the potential to act. I now have another addition to my ultimate bucket list of life: To act in a play. First I read the script with friend outside of the play so I wouldn't be so nervous in front of the director. I was bubbling with excitement and sweating profusely while reading. It was so much fun! I then re-read it for the actor in the play and he said I would be great! I was smiling ear to ear. Now the final step...I still need to read it for the director, Graeme Black, to confirm that I am what he is looking for in his play.  Graeme is always busy writing, acting and directing. He has a great imagination and his most recent work is a 25 minute short film called DocuDramaRomCom. Crossing my fingers that I have the chance to work with him.

I will continue with the updates should I land the role and begin rehearsing! There are too few hours and days in a week for me to accomplish all that I want to do in life. I should revisit the "four hour work week"so I have more time to immerse myself in my arts.

Writing...
         Painting...
                   Drawing...
                              Guitar playing...
                                                  Photo taking...
                                                                   Acting...

It's a wonderful life.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment