Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 186 - Banff Sister

(Amanda and I. Banff 2004)

Day 186 - "Paris" Friendly Fires (Aeroplane Remix feat. Au Revoir Simone)

I had moved away from home for the first time when I was 19. I moved out to Banff for a year of snowboarding and many new life experiences. I managed to land a waitressing job at The Rimrock and also lived in their staff accommodations within the hotel. I had never lived with roommates in the past so this was definitely a new life experience. I very much disliked the roommates I had as they were horrible, inconsiderate girls. I debated moving back to Saskatchewan after only being there for a couple months because it seemed too difficult. I missed my mommy and daddy along with easy life in Moose Jaw. Before I knew it my dear Amanda swooped me up like she was my mother bird and moved me into her accommodations with her friend Sarah, saving me from my previous roommates.

(Coldlin Chris, Amanda, Sarah and myself. Banff 2004)

This was the beginning of an everlasting friendship. Sadly she was only in Banff for a short period of time because she was there for a work term to complete the hospitality course she was studying at SAIT. I cried and cried and cried the day she left. Now for the first time in eight years Amanda and I are living in the same city! We have always been in other cities, provinces and countries than each other. With her and I are in such close proximity to each other the mischievous wheels are already turning in our minds. I can already predict that this will be quite the preposterous and thrilling summer. Nothing has changed in the eight years that have passed and Amanda still welcomes me into her home as though I am family. It is comforting having family in Calgary while I am so far from my family in Saskatchewan!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment