Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 198 - Zombie Love



Day 198 - "The Fear" Lily Allen (Duke Dumont Remix)

Do you ever wish you were talented enough at drawing or painting that you could re-create your dreams, nightmares, memories or visualizations to show others the images that lay deep in your mind?
In this lovely image above, we have my nightmare from last night. I must be watching too many zombie and vampire shows. I'm not even sure what that eerie thing is but it did a great job of waking me up in the middle of the night.

I have read in various "dream" articles that humans have anywhere between three to nine dreams a night. I believe I am one of the fortunate people as I can remember the majority of my dreams in vivid detail. My dreams seem so tangible and vivid that I have mistaken a dream for reality. After I wake from a vivid dream I feel as though I am living two lives at once. Especially when I have lucid dreams and I am aware that I am dreaming but have complete control of every aspect. In another one of my dreams from last night I "completely forgot" that I could fly. When I remembered that I possessed this skill I started hovering above a ton of canvases in an art store to get a better look at the selection. Flying dreams are by far my favourite. I was flying on broomsticks every night for weeks after I had read the Harry Potter series.

My lucid dreams come in handy when I have too much on my mind during the day that I can actually conceptualize and problem solve in my dreams! One problem that is unsolved are the dreadful nightmares...especially the re-occuring nightmares. Disappear Mr. Eerie Man in my painting. I am thinking positive thoughts right now so that I may paint something beautiful tomorrow!

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment