Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 188 - Moon Horror

(Dayshade by Jenn Arguin, March 2013)

Day 188 - "One Type of Dark" Ginger & The Ghost (Ta-Ku Remix)

The art battles at Gorilla House continue every week and I finally made it back for my third attempt. As Renee and I walked in the door we were greeted by Rich the owner and founder of Gorilla House. He had a miniature version of himself in his hands. He had carved a wax doll about 12 inches in length and  it was even dressed like him. Gorilla House is always inspiring people to create new art! Each time I visit the house it always has new art work displayed on it's walls. The theme on the walls were all very large figure drawings inspired by the Thursday night drawing classes.

For the art battle I had it in my mind that I wanted to paint a leafless tree and incorporate it into one of the topics in any way that I could. The wheel spun in my favour and the three topics were: Aficionado, Moon Horror and/or Sun Shower and a Japanese word that I can't recall. I chose Moon Horror with a splash of Sun Shower. I brought along two canvases this time around to see if that would increase interest for my work in the auction. While painting I had two different people who kept walking past me and watching my work in progression. I enjoy the interest but truthfully it can be a bit nerve racking having someone standing behind you watching your every stroke. I found that I kept painting the same branch over and over again until they looked away then I would toss in a big brazen stroke!

("Nightshade" by Jenn Arguin, March 2013)

I had a good feeling that there was going to be a bit of biding war for my paintings. There were quite a few people walking around on a mission. They were looking for something in particular...and sure enough there was a little war for my two paintings and they were sold to a happy art lover! It's such rush standing up in front of the crowd of people, holding up my canvases and watching people get excited over the pieces I had done that night.


Hurray for Gorilla House LIVE art! 

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment