Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 197 - Sniper In Training


Day 197 - "Bang Bang" Nancy Sinantra

Say hello to my little friend...actually she's quite a big, intimidating friend. I ventured outside of my comfort zone and chose the biggest gun that I would be able to physically pick up and shoot. My gun of choice was an AR 15 semi-automatic rifle.


My heart was pounding as I walked in to the firing range. The deafening sound of so many guns going off at once combined with the vibrations in my chest made me jump with every step. I had to breath deeply to control my nerves and try to shut out the explosive environment. It didn't help that the shooter next to me had an array of guns in front of him including a Desert Eagle which was incredibly wild and loud. He was much more accurate with his shots than I was, nevertheless I did quite well my first time as I clearly hit my target more than once! I chose this lovely target sheet since I am on the zombie theme this week.



My shooting companions for the evening were my younger sister and her husband. Her choice was a 9mm hand gun and his was a gun similar to an AK 47. Neither of them had ever shot a gun before and it was quite the experience for both of them as well! Justin would have been sold on a membership, if only he lived in Calgary. I am thinking that every Sasky man has a gun fetish. Then again I might be acquiring a fetish for guns along with the adrenaline as well.



Her clown went doooown. Without a doubt I shall return to the shooting range. My adrenaline is surging and I already know that I won't be able to sleep tonight! 

xox

1 comment:

  1. It's fun! I like to go to the desert and practice.

    ReplyDelete