Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 196 - Mountain Revitalization


Day 196 - "Your Girl" Tourist

Ahhhh how I love getaways to the mountains! It's been years since I have taken the gondola up to the top of Sulphur Mountain.  Just over a year a go my sister Danielle was proposed to by Justin a top the gondola so we decided to visit their memorable spot. Hanging out on the mountain all day brought back wonderful memories of when I used to live and work at the Rimrock Resort in Banff. It was a perfect day to soak in the Banff Hot Springs, ride up the gondola and enjoy martinis with a cheese plate at the Rimrock.


After our relaxing day we went on our mini pub crawl and sugar crawl on Banff Avenue. There are as many sweet shops and fudge factories as there are pubs in Banff. It was impossible to not over indulge with coconut hay stacks, candy from my childhood and fudge. We played it well and went for a little hike around the Bow Falls in the morning to burn off all the food, drinks and sugar that we had ingested. The falls weren't completely frozen over so unfortunately I couldn't get any photos walking on top of the falls.


 Justin managed to snap a nice photo of me with Mountain Rundle in the background. This specific mountain is on my bucket list of hikes. Apparently it's quite strenuous and is an eight hour return hike. I am hoping to tackle it this coming summer as last summer I accomplished a few warm up hikes up Mount Yamnuska, Mount Indefatigable and Heart Mountain. 

Until the summer...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment