Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 224 - Never Never Land



Day 224 - "Mushaboom" By Feist

My heart dropped as I was packing my bags this evening to head back to Calgary tomorrow morning...it's always a sad night when I have to leave my nieces. It's been an eventful and fun week with the girls. They have assisted me in letting loose and forgetting all of my problems in the world. Visiting them is comparable to travelling to Never Never Land. Every day is so innocent and entertaining and the best part is we all act like reckless children (which of course they are still children of two and five years). We typically start of the day with chocolate milk and a snack (mom and dad already have fed them breakfast), then on to puzzles, books and barbies before we sneak in some dessert before we eat lunch. This brings us to my favourite part of the day...nap time! Then it's arts and crafts (abstract painting or colouring) or if the weather is nice then a toboggan ride to the park. All of this is done in our pyjamas because when Aunty Jenn visits that's how we roll. Rinse and repeat which entails a bubble bath with thirty rubber duckies and an early bed time of 8:30pm.

Visiting my nieces and family in Saskatchewan has been my holiday destination for the past year. I haven't been on another holiday recently other than snowboarding a couple times in the mountains and I am very satisfied with my personal travel hot spot. I am always so relaxed and happy after an extended period with my little munchkins. I wish I had the time to write down everything those two girls say because they always have me giggling with their comments, actions and questions. The funniest conversation with one niece this week was about relationships. She is somewhat aware of what has been going on in my life and out of no where she said "Aunty Jenn, I know exactly what you need to do to make things all better with you and your boyfriend..." out of curiosity I asked her what I should do and she said "well it's simple, ask him to marry you!!". Hehe what a little darling and then the following day she cut out a handful of paper hearts and instructed me to give them to him for valentine's day and she reminded me it will all be ok.

I am so grateful for my little nieces, they showered me with love when I felt so empty and they filled me right back up. I am already counting down the days to my next road trip to Saskatoon. The morning will bring hugs and tears from my nieces, it's heartbreaking on both ends when I leave. But I secretly love seeing the tears that pour down my older niece's cheeks because it reminds me how much I am loved and wanted by my girls. Especially when she holds me tight and begs me not to leave...one of the best feelings in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone.

Love love love.
xox




No comments:

Post a Comment