Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 210 - Tiny Downfalls


Day 210 - "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey

I was really looking forward to the day when I woke but it was a day that should have been spent in bed. It can be difficult trying to be optimistic and positive all of the time especially when you are an emotional person. Some days are too oppressive and defeat should be admitted. I pushed through the day and alas...I've survived the wretched Wednesday and made it to Thursday.

The highlight of my day was going to Gorilla House LIVE ART for the second time since learning about the studio. The night was fun as I had pleasant company with me but I was not impressed with the painting that emerged from my fingers. There were many amazing pieces that went for auction, it  was really incredible to see new artist's talents. I will still share photos of my  work in progress and the end result, even though I believe my painting is far from amazing. Again they gave us three topics to choose from for our inspiration but none of the topics were inspiring to me and I didn't feel like I had any inspiration in me haha I should really stop typing as the words are finding themselves further and further away from positivity.

The topics were: donkey, naturalism and some sore of fly/bee/wasp insect. Here are the "lovely" photos of my work:





(No name...maybe it's a work of art, maybe my negative emotions can't let me see past my bad day or maybe i should paint over it!!!)

To check out an amazing short little video that was done from this night, check it out here Gorilla. You will see Renee and I painting away!

"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated". Ernest Hemingway

Tomorrow is a new day and next Wednesday is a new week! Perhaps inspiration shall find me then...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment