Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 218 - New and Young Artists

(my niece in the process of creating her masterpiece)

Day 218 - "Kids" by MGMT 

My favorite activity to do with my older niece is to be rolling around in acrylic paint and watching her creativeness unfold before my eyes. It's similar to watching a suspenseful movie and you have NO idea what will be coming next! She chooses her own colors then goes with the flow of her brush while gently painting the canvas. Her method of painting is comparable to mine...with pure emotion and randomness. She is a true abstract artist.

I've thought about instructing abstract art classes to both adults and children. I often have friends over to paint and I thrive from the stimulation of the artists in the room. I give them a slight direction so they aren't so intimidated by the blank canvas because I know exactly how that feels. Many amazing pieces of art have emerged from these painting nights. I will always smile when I think of my lovely Cortney and her first two canvases. She was unsure as to what she wanted to do with her "abstract canvas" so she drew stars...and hated it. Then she went back at painting a second time with no object in mind but solely her emotions aaaaand voila! A masterpiece was created and an artist was born. She has blossomed and within the year she posted a website and has had multiple paintings sold. You can see some of her breath taking work at Abstract by Cortney. Initially I inspired her and now she continues to inspire and motivate me to no end.

I am an abstract artist of four years and I keep asking myself...do I take the leap and try to share my passion and knowledge through instructing basic art classes? Feel free to send me feedback at myveryabstractart@gmail.com if this is something YOU would be interested in. Be an element in my journey to live life to the fullest and spread the love.

(a completed masterpiece by my niece)

Look at those little hand prints on the canvas, they make me smile :)

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment