Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 223 - Free Bird

(Photo taken at the beginning of my trek up Machu Picchu, Peru)

Day 223 - "I Feel it All" by Feist (Britt From Spoon Remix) and "Around the World" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers

"I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth, then I ask myself the same question." - Harun Yahya

I've been feeling restless since I pulled in to Calgary today, restless in the sense that I need to keep drifting and travelling. Saskatoon was such a nice break from this busy work driven city. While living downtown in midst of the hustle bustle, I feel like I am never working hard enough and I can always be accomplishing more than I've already completed. In my initial post titled "The Prequel" I had mentioned one of the creators of Biobeats was saying everyone works too hard and they forget to enjoy their life and more importantly what is in front of them. I can't help but notice that when I step outside...the whole world is right in front of me and it's begging me to explore it's hidden adventures and perils.

While enjoying a bottle of wine with a few of my friends this evening, the topic of a weekend trip this summer to Las Vegas came up. I didn't hesitate and said I'm in! It fits perfectly with 4. Drive a Race Car from The List of Justice. I very well could travel 1.5 hours north of Calgary and ride a stock car around the international track in Wetaskiwin...or I could drive an exotic race car around the tracks in Vegas!

As I was browsing flights to Las Vegas I started searching other travel destinations. Truthfully I have never been to our country's capital Ottawa and my mom will be there in a month's time. She is the coach for the very successful Wheelchair Curling Provincial Team and they are playing in the Wheelchair Curling Championship in Ottawa this March. I am planning on flying out there to watch a couple games and to tour around Ottawa. The only deterrent in my travel plans is the $700 flight. It's insane that it costs that much to fly within my own country but I suppose it is quite the distance. For the same distance and same price I could fly to Belize for a ten day tropical beach holiday. Hmmm, it's looking to be an expensive 229 days but the anticipation of Coachella in California, Ottawa, Las Vegas and 10. Travel to a New Country (maybe Belize??)...eeee it's time to begin travelling again after being so stationary.

Night night.
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment