Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 215 - Taylor Swift



Day 215 - "I Knew You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift (acoustic version)

Admittedly...I love Taylor Swift. Her music, youth and energy combined satisfy my girly pleasures. Not to mention my two nieces also love Taylor Swift's music and they love to have dance parties in the living room to her music videos! Every Saskatoon visit includes rocking out to Taylor and Carrie Underwood. Their dad is a HUGE country music fan and the girls follow suit. My five year old niece basically knows all of the lyrics to her favourite songs by Taylor and Carrie.

Naturally I have chosen a Taylor Swift song as my first one to learn on my GUITAR!

3. Learn How to Play an Instrument

I bought my acoustic guitar about six months ago and sadly I haven't touched it yet. Today I pulled it out of the case to familiarize myself with her. Hmmm I think she needs a name. I will come back to that one. So I picked her up and honestly the only song I know on the piano is Mary Had a Little Lamb and that is also the only song I know how to "play" on the guitar. Lessons will come in handy to aid me in moving past nursery rhymes. Hopefully I will be able to play a song before the end of the summer. My goal is to learn the lyrics and the guitar chords to a few of Taylor's songs so I can rock out for my nieces. I can't wait to surprise them with my soon-to-be musical gift! My guitar lessons begin on Tuesday...wish me luck.

xox

1 comment: