Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 220 - Imprints and Inspirations



Day 220 - "Lisztomania" by Phoenix (Classixx Version)

I woke up Sunday morning to a beautiful day with the sun shining incredibly bright. A perfect day to snap more photos at high heights! I raced over to my friend's house where we enjoyed a cup of coffee prior to me hanging off the railings of her balcony (I forgot to sign the agreed waiver prior to taking the photos but I survived!).  I am overly content with the way my second shoot turned out. Another friend commented on this photo saying I look like a Japanese ninja ready to fly off the balcony. This comment has inspired future ideas for my self portraits...

My day ended with attending the Fundraiser for the Foxcrofts at Anejo restaurant in Calgary. It was a heart warming event with so many of Jon's friends also in attendance and so many donations for the silent auction. I was more than happy to donate one of my paintings for the auction. It was a secret thrill for me to be continuously walking past my painting and seeing the bids on my donated work. This painting was 36" by 48" and was titled "Imprinting", it is my largest completed painting. Each of my paintings have a secret story behind them...I will always remember every brush stroke and still feel the emotions that were running through me while each painting swallowed me whole. I will miss this painting, I certainly have an attachment to this story. Alas! I mustn't hoard such beauty...I must share.


Today was filled with many ups. Between hanging out with two of my favourite people in Calgary, a beautiful day, incredible photos, a yummy brunch, a sentimental fundraiser and topping it all off with watching the 2013 premiere of "The Walking Dead" while eating chocolate chip cookies...it's a wonderful life. 

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment