Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 221 - Fighting Fears



Day 221 - "Rise and Fall" by Adventure Club feat. Krewella

Saturday was filled with ups and downs both emotionally and physically. I successfully began my self portrait series and I found myself on the 26th floor of a condominium at the perfect time in the day. 30 minutes before this photo it was blizzarding and 30 minutes after this photo it was overcast. Truthfully I have a profound fear of heights but I thrive off that fear and turn it into excitement because of the adrenaline that is pumping through my body while I'm standing so high!



In the course of these photos I was hoping to sit on the edge of the balcony and take a photo with my legs dangling over...but with the wind blowing strongly and when I took this photo looking down...I decided to keep it on the "safer side" and keep the majority of my body on the building instead of hanging/falling off. I'm looking forward to the next high rise and seeing how I can get creative with the same concept but different poses. I would love to be standing safely on the edge of a building and capture an image staring down (don't mean to be scaring you mom, I promise to be safe!!).

Many thanks to Farrah's friend Ryan who was thrilled to see that so many people are keeping Farrah's spirit alive and that Farrah continues to inspire so many souls.



Now to begin my Sunday and see where my mind and body will be wandering...

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment