Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 205 - The Female Form



Day 205 - "Falling in Love with Brazil" Haley vs Deadmau5

Everyday new people are introduced into my life and it's always an exciting day when the new person happens to be a vibrant little ball of wild energy. As I do every week, I invite friends over to paint and Monday night was a successful night of creativity. A new friend came over and told stories about Motion Notion, Shambala and running wild in the forest while dressing in crazy outfits (and wearing body paint of course). I have never done body painting before but thought it would be fun place to begin by doing body paint on a figure drawing.


I had started out with my lady figure here...she is the cornerstone painting to my new series titled "The Female Form". I am slowly but passionately working away on her, trying to figure out what will perfectly accentuate her curves. I am so scared to work on a painting that I am already enamoured with and she is one of them! I bravely chose my next colour and gently laid down a few strokes. A few strokes became many and there I have it, she is still beautiful.


She is not quite complete...but the night grew late so she shall have to wait. After asking a few friends for feedback on this particular painting, I was delighted by all of the positive responses! This painting might be sold before I even finish. A great start to an emotional and bewitching series. 

The Female Form. "The intention of this is to be beautiful. To signify and embody beauty." - J.A. 2009

xox

Post update....on Day 203 she was completed. Quiero presentar a usted..."Lolita":



No comments:

Post a Comment