Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 214 - What Do I Desire?


Day 214 - "Room for Happiness" by Kaskade feat. Skylar Grey

At the end of the night I was reading a "For Dummies" book that I've had on my book shelf since I first moved to Calgary almost five years ago. This series of educational books are perfect for breaking down information in the simplest terms to make it easy to understand what points the author is trying to get across to the reader. As nerdy as I may sound, the book is called "Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies" aka NLP. The topic of NLP is one I often bring up in conversation because I find the though process so fascinating. NLP is called "the art and science of communication", but in my words it's a way of thinking that; helps you understand others/putting yourself in their shoes, helps you change your life for the better, helps you to be more positive and being open minded, helps you to be aware of everything around you!

Coincidentally a friend had recently posted a video on Facebook called "What if Money Didn't Matter?" by Alan Watts and it really had me thinking about positive change in my life.

In this video the narrator asks "What would you like to do if money were no object, how would you really enjoy spending your life?"

My answer(s) would be that I would like:
- to do abstract painting and host art shows with my work
- to be an adventure, portrait and travel photographer
- to make music, write songs and then play my music
- to write books, both fiction and non-fiction
- to be in love with a man who thinks the way I do then to have children and teach them all of the artsy things we know while running around the world together

The narrator then says "You do that and forget the money. Because if you say that getting the money is the most important thing then you will spend your life completely wasting your time. You will be doing things you don't like doing in order to go on doing things you don't like doing...which is stupid.".

I could continue quoting this three minute video clip but it's much better listening to him speak his words and hear the way he emphasizes his message. It has been another inspiring day leading to my goals for Sunday...paint, paint, touch my guitar, paint and then write!

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment