Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 216 - Synchronicity

(To the first woman I ever fell in love with, thank you for being an amazing friend throughout the years)

Day 216 - "Fade" by Jakwob ft. Maiday

(Ah! Very late post, finally found the time to sit down at my computer...)

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently casually unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner.

A few years ago I read the book "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield. The main character in the book was in a transitional period of his life and on a personal journey. The character begins to notice instances of synchronicity in his life and I was instantly captivated by the concept. I took this concept and applied it to people that were introduced into my life. While initiating conversation I tried to touch base on a few topics or passions in my life to see if we had a mutual connection. During this experiment I had learned so many new things about people, events and things to do. A recent example would be was when I was having my hair cut by my hairdresser in Calgary and I started talking about my abstract paintings. Sure enough she is also an abstract artist but slightly timid about her arts. She was the angel who told me about the Gorilla House LIVE ART night. Thinking back to that conversation, if I hadn't randomly brought up painting as my choice of topic to discuss while sitting in the hair salon...who knows if I would have found out about Gorilla House.

Those types of experiences in life remind me to be open with others and share my stories while listening to their stories as well. Synchronicity is also a good way to reflect on another concept - that everyone is brought into your life for a reason. In come instances the reason may not be clear in the beginning, but in the grand scheme of things...it all comes together.

I am so grateful for all of the amazing people in my life, especially those who I celebrated v-day with this year!


Happy Valentine's Day <3

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment