Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 229 - Inside and Out

(Photo taken in Central Park in New York, it was amazing to watch the giant bubbles being created)

Day 229 - let's start off by getting everyone in the same mood as I am in by listening to the following two tracks... "Red Moon" by The Walkmen and  "Wonderful Life" by The Hurts.

I woke up this morning after an amazing sleep and played the song "Wonderful Life" while I was getting ready for work. This song really hit me because the lyrics describe a couple that team up like a Bonnie and Clyde to tackle life. They are there for each other even in the lowest moments of their lives and remind each other why life is worth living. Fighting back a tear after my long and sleepless week I pushed on with the quote in mind "tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".  Now I'm smiling again after letting my mind flood with warm memories of my recent year. In times of sadness it can be to easy to be filled with emptiness and today I am focusing on making room for happiness by focusing on two things: remembering the wonderful life that I've had and looking forward to what lies ahead on Day 229...family and friends.

Today was a fairly uneventful day as I worked then was on the road for six hours travelling to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (yay!) to spend the week with some of my family. Other than being greeted with warm smiles from my older sister and her husband upon arrival, the real highlight to my day was jamming in my car to a ton of my favourite tunes. I made it a point to listen to songs where I knew the lyrics so I could have a real dance party on my own. Things got exciting for me when The XX played and I remembered that three days ago I booked my ticket to COACHELLA with a bunch of friends!! Ahhh, the only outdoor music festival that I have ever attended was Craven Country Jamboree in Sasky...and at that festival I made it a point to not attend any of the bands playing but more or less have an adventure through the campsites with my girl friends in our hot pink camper van. But Coachella is a different story with different music and a completely different scene...my music and my scene with my amazing friends.

Time to shut this blog down for the night as the sooner I close my computer the sooner I will be awoken by my two little nieces at 7am shouting at "aunty wake up!!". It's amazing how unconditional love can make your heart beat so hard. Day 228 will certainly bring fun and loving adventures...exactly what I need to mend my heart.

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment